Dang Gui (Angelica Sinensis Root) is a SUPER HERB! Chinese Herbal Medicine classifies Dang Gui as a Blood Tonic, but it does so much more! Simply put, Dang Gui nourishes and vitalizes your blood, regulates menstruation, moistens your intestines, moistens large intestines to assist with constipation and alleviates general pain.
So how exactly does this translate into uses?
Dang Gui Capsules are:
- Excellent for digestion: promotes intestinal health, aids with bloating and discomfort.
- Contains phytochemicals that helps to boost blood cell production, fight inflammation, and may improve liver and kidney function.
- Contains phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens either mimic or affect estrogen in the body. They are known to either supplement or restrain the body’s production of estrogen. Dang Gui is often used to balance women’s hormone levels.
- Speeds recovery from childbirth and energy depletion.
- Assists with women’s type problems, whether it be related to menstrual issues or menopausal issues: migraines, cramps, mood irregularities and hot flashes.
- Relaxes smooth muscles. Keeps arteries smooth and dialted. This helps maintain regular blood flow and heart function.
- Antispasmodic. May help treat chronic pulmonary hypertension in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Has been used to assist with: angina, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, and dysmenorrhea (irregular or low blood menstrual cycles).
- Being studied for its ability to prevent or treat cancer, liver and kidney disease.
- Topically: reduces swelling, pain and increases circulation. Also has warming effect to assist with rheumatism and gout.
A person who fits the classic case of the Chinese Medicine Pattern of Heart and Liver Blood Deficiency, would highly benefit from Dang Gui (Angelica). They would present with the following:
- Pale complexion
- Pale and brittle nails
- Dry skin, hair and eyes
- Blurring of vision
- Post-partum fatigue and weakness
- Menstrual disorders
- Post-menstrual fatigue
Also useful for Blood Stagnation with abdominal pain – especially if accompanied by cold from Blood Deficiency, traumatic injury, chronic Wind-damp Joint (Bi) pain, chronic non-healing sores, abscesses, and constipation due to Blood Deficiency.
Dang Gui Maintenance Uses:
- Promote hair, skin and nail health
- Promote or maintain youthful appearance
- Can help with Liver Spots
- Can help with dusky/dark facial complexion
- Help with cold extremities
- Promote or maintain energy
- Promote or maintain immune
- Promote healing from bruises and injury
- Help prevent bruises and injury
Ingredients For Angelica Dang Gui Capsules
Dang gui, Vegetarian capsule, Dextrin, Magnesium stearate.
Angelica sinensis root, Vegetarian capsule, Dextrin, Magnesium stearate.
New Plum FlowerÂ® Angelica Dang Gui all extract capsules are made entirely from full spectrum herb extract. Previous version of the Angelica Dang Gui capsules contained a 50/50 blend of herb extract and raw herb powder.
Options For Angelica Dang Gui Capsules
Product is only available in a regular size bottle of 100 capsules (500 mg capsule). No other size options available.
Directions For Angelica Dang Gui Capsules
Angelica Dang Gui Capsules Dosage
2-3 capsules per day. Take with food.
Cautions & Contraindications For Angelica Dang Gui Capsules
Contraindicated during the early stages of acute infection or illness, such as cold or flu. Contraindicated for conditions due to Yin deficiency. Use with caution during pregnancy. Use with caution in Spleen deficient patients with a tendency to loose stools, diarrhea, poor appetite or chronic digestive weakness.